Simon A. Keller, Gail B. Bolan¹∗
Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) is most common acute leukemias in children. The disease and chemotherapy are facilitate the infectious process of many microorganism. Herpes simplex virus (HSV) type-1 is characterized by its ability to establish and maintain latent infections that can be reactivated and mostly asymptomatic, these infections may become life-threatening when occurring in immunocompromised patient. We reported an usual clinical symptoms and signs of herpes simplex in acute lymphocytic leukemia child with skin lesions on the neck and chest.
Keywords: Herpes simplex virus; Leukemia; Chemotherapy
Copyright © 2016 by The American Society for BioMedicine and BM-Publisher, Inc.
- Rowley JD. The critical role of chromosome translocations in human leukemias. Annu Rev Genet. 1998;32:495–519. [PubMed]
- Kersey JH. Fifty years of studies of the biology and therapy of childhood leukemia. Blood 1997;90:4243-4251. [PubMed]
Fenaux P, Chomienne C, Degos L. Treatment of acute promyelocytic leukaemia. Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 2001;14:153-174. [PubMed]
Druker BJ, Talpaz M, Resta DJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of a specific inhibitor of the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase in chronic myeloid leukemia. N Engl J Med 2001;344:1031-1037. [PubMed]
- Sonntag F, Schmidt K, Kleinschmidt JA. A viral assembly factor promotes AAV2 capsid formation in the nucleolus. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010;107(22):10220-5. [View Article][PubMed/NCBI] [Google Scholar]
- Workowski KA, Bolan GA. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, 2015. MMWR Recomm Rep 2015;64:1. [PubMed]
- Chauvin PJ, Ajar AH. Acute herpetic gingivostomatitis in adults: a review of 13 cases, including diagnosis and management. J Can Dent Assoc 2002;68:247. [PubMed]
READ THE FULL ARTICLE
1. Access this article through OpenAthens
3. Purchase this article at rate $55.00 and received Full-Text/PDF
You will have online immediate access to article following the completion of this purchase and you may download and print a copy of each article for your personal use. Use the coding below to purchase your article as PDF by credit card, debit card, will be asked to supply your billing card information. Before continue with your purchase please read carefully the BM-Publisher terms and conditions of purchase.
For any technique error please contact us and will be response to sending purchase article by email.
Who Can Become a Reviewer?
Any expert in the article's research field can become a reviewer with American Journal of Biomedicine. Editors might ask you to look at a specific aspect of an article,...
Thank you for visiting American Journal of BioMedicine. * = Required fields
American Journal of BioMedicine Volume 4, Issue 12, pages 534-542
Received July 02, 2016; accepted November 08, 2016; published December 08, 2016
How to cite this article
Keller SA, Bolan GB. Herpes simplex in leukemic child: an unusual presentation. American Journal of BioMedicine 2016;4(12):534-542.
4. Case presentation