Pulmonary Tuberculosis (TB) may coexist with lung cancer and share some similarities with these conditions. Thus, multidisciplinary team from infectious department doctors and oncologists to share their opinion in the treatment this case. The purpose of this paper is to present a case of Pulmonary Tuberculosis and Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC- squamous type), including the description of the risk factors, the diagnostics and the treatment line. The patient was diagnosed with NSCLC depending on imaging, pathology and immunophenotyping. After the failure of chemotherapy treatment of lung cancer, systemic anti-tuberculosis was initiated with moderate effect.
Keywords: Pulmonary Tuberculosis; Non-small cell lung cancer; Immunophenotyping
Copyright © 2017 by The American Society for BioMedicine and BM-Publisher, Inc.
- Denkinger CM, Dheda K, Pai M. Guidelines on interferon-gamma release assays for tuberculosis infection: concordance, discordance or confusion? Clin. Microbiol. Infect 2011;17:806-814. [PubMed Abstract] [CrossRef Full Text] [Google Scholar]
- Diel R, Ernst M, Döscher G, et al. Avoiding the effect of BCG vaccination in detecting Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection with a blood test. Eur. Respir. J 2006;2816-23. [PubMed] [Abstract] [CrossRef Full Text] [Google Scholar]
- Ewer K, Deeks, Alvarez L, Bryant G, et al. Comparison of T-cell-based assay with tuberculin skin test for diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in a school tuberculosis outbreak. Lancet 2003;361:1168-1173. [PubMed] [CrossRef Full Text] [Google Scholar]
Hanahan D, Weinberg RA. Hallmarks of cancer: the next generation. Cell 2011;144:646–674. [PubMed]
Jeggo PA, Pearl LH, Carr AM. DNA repair, genome stability and cancer: a historical perspective. Nat Rev Cancer 2016;16:35–42. [PubMed]
Sasi NK, Weinreich M. In: DNA Replication Checkpoint Signaling. Kaplan LD, editor. Springer International Publishing; Cham: 2016. pp. 479–502.
Bonte D, Lindvall C, Liu H, Dykema K, Furge K, Weinreich M. Cdc7-Dbf4 kinase overexpression in multiple cancers and tumor cell lines is correlated with p53 inactivation. Neoplasia 2008;10:920–931. [PubMed]
Chen HJ, Zhu Z, Wang XL, et al. Expression of huCdc7 in colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol: WJG 2013;19:3130–3133. [PubMed]
Cheng AN, Jiang SS, Fan CC, et al. Increased Cdc7 expression is a marker of oral squamous cell carcinoma and overexpression of Cdc7 contributes to the resistance to DNA-damaging agents. Cancer Lett 2013;337:218–225. [PubMed]
Hou Y, Wang HQ, Ba Y. High expression of cell division cycle 7 protein correlates with poor prognosis in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Med Oncol 2012;29:3498–3503. [PubMed]
Kim JM, Kakusho N, Yamada M, Kanoh Y, Takemoto N, Masai H. Cdc7 kinase mediates Claspin phosphorylation in DNA replication checkpoint. Oncogene 2008;27:3475–3482. [PubMed]
- Geng E, Kreiswirth B, Burzynski J, Schluger NW. Clinical and radiographic correlates of primary and reactivation tuberculosis: a molecular epidemiology study. JAMA 2005;293:2740-2745. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Full Text] [Google Scholar]
- Hill PC, Fox A, Jeffries DJ, et al. Quantitative T cell assay reflects infectious load of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in an endemic case contact model. Clin. Infect. Dis 2005;40:273-278. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Full Text] [Google Scholar]
- Kang YA, Lee HW, Hwang SS, et al. Usefulness of whole-blood interferon-gamma assay and interferon-gamma enzyme-linked immunospot assay in the diagnosis of active pulmonary tuberculosis. Chest 2007;132:959-965. [PubMed]
READ THE FULL ARTICLE
1. Access this article through OpenAthens
3. Purchase this article at rate $55.00 and received Full-Text/PDF
You will have online immediate access to article following the completion of this purchase and you may download and print a copy of each article for your personal use. Use the coding below to purchase your article as PDF by credit card, debit card, will be asked to supply your billing card information. Before continue with your purchase please read carefully the BM-Publisher terms and conditions of purchase.
For any technique error please contact us and will be response to sending purchase article by email.
Who Can Become a Reviewer?
Any expert in the article's research field can become a reviewer with American Journal of Biomedicine. Editors might ask you to look at a specific aspect of an article,...
Thank you for visiting American Journal of BioMedicine. * = Required fields
American Journal of BioMedicine Volume 5, Issue 4, pages 159-169
Received January 04, 2017; accepted March 09, 2017; published April 11, 2017
How to cite this article
Lewis MD, McKew JP, Neuzi KE, Akasaka T. Highly selective Src kinase inhibition protects myocardial injury after ischemia/reperfusion. American Journal of BioMedicine 2017;5(3):146-158.