Your institution may have a license which permits you additional uses; contact your institution’s librarian/administrator for more information.
The Electronic Products, American Journal of BioMedicine Library and intellectual property rights contained therein are protected by law. As a User, you have certain rights specified below; all other rights are reserved.
- Authorized Users – As defined in your applicable license.
- Electronic Products – All products, services and content available in American Journal of BioMedicine.
- Intellectual Property Rights – These rights include, without limitation, patents, trademarks, trade names, design rights, copyright (including rights in computer software), database rights, rights in know-how and other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered, which may subsist anywhere in the world.
- Licensed Electronic Products – The Electronic Products which the Licensee has licensed.
- Licensee – The customer named in the applicable License.
- Users – Users of American Journal of BioMedicine regardless of whether they are Authorized Users or Licensees.
Rules of Use
A. To make American Journal of BioMedicine and the Electronic Products useful, the following rules apply:
- Users may browse all Tables of Content for all Electronic Products on American Journal of BioMedicine, regardless of what Licensed Electronic Products the Licensee subscribes to, and search the entire database of Tables of Content and abstracts. For most publications, Users may browse the abstracts as well.
- Licensees and their Authorized Users will have access to the full text of the Licensed Electronic Products covered by the applicable License. Licensees and their Authorized Users may download, search, retrieve, display and view, copy and save to a secure network or other electronic storage media and store or print out single copies of individual articles or items for their own personal use, scholarly, educational or scientific research or internal business use. Licensees and Authorized Users may also transmit such material to a third-party colleague in hard copy or electronically for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for re-sale, systematic distribution, e.g. posting on a listserv, network (including scientific social networks) or automated delivery, or for any other use (including distribution through social networking websites and scholarly collaboration networks, except for those that have agreed to American Journal of BioMedicine Sharing Policy found here: https://www.stm-assoc.org/stm-consultations/scn-consultation-2015/ and solely in accordance therewith). In addition, Authorized Users have the right to use, with appropriate credit, figures, tables and brief excerpts from individual articles in the Licensed Electronic Product(s) in their own scientific, scholarly and educational works.
- All Users have the option to create a My Profile Page which will allow them to create links to Electronic Product(s), articles of interest and search criteria which may be reused by them and manage their custom e-mail alerting services. In order to do so, Users must register. During the registration process, Users will select and register a user name and password which they must keep confidential and not disclose to or share with anyone else.
B. Except as provided above or with respect to material published on an open access basis, Users may not copy, distribute, transmit or otherwise reproduce, sell or resell material from Electronic Product(s); store such material in any form or medium in a retrieval system; download and/or store an entire issue of an Electronic Product or its equivalent; or transmit such material, directly or indirectly, for use in any paid service such as document delivery or list serve, or for use by any information brokerage or for systematic distribution, whether or not for commercial or non-profit use or for a fee or free of charge.
C. Users agree not to remove, obscure or modify any copyright or proprietary notices, author attribution or any disclaimer as they appear on Wiley Online Library. Users may not integrate material from the Electronic Product(s) with other material or otherwise create derivative works in any medium. However, brief quotations for purposes of comment, criticism or similar scholarly purposes are not prohibited herein.
D. Users may not do anything to restrict or inhibit any other User’s access to or use of American Journal of BioMedicine and the Electronic Product(s).
F. Users shall not have the right to incorporate any material from the Electronic Products into any institutional or other repository under any circumstances without American Journal of BioMedicine prior written approval (including social networking websites and scholarly collaboration networks.
American Journal of BioMedicine is not responsible for any charges associated with accessing American Journal of BioMedicine and the Electronic Products, including, but not limited to, any computer equipment, telephone or internet connections and access software.
American Journal of BioMedicine may modify any of these terms and conditions at any time by providing notice on American Journal of BioMedicine. A User’s continued use of American Journal of BioMedicine shall be conclusively deemed acceptance of such modification.
American Journal of BioMedicine may provide links to third-party websites. Where such links exist, Wiley disclaims all responsibility and liability for the content of such third-party websites. Users assume the sole responsibility for the accessing of third-party websites and the use of any content appearing on such websites.