H. Pylori infection can be detected by invasive (endoscopy based) and non invasive methods. The aim of study is to evaluate monoclonal chromatographic immunoassay antigen stool test in H. Pylori diagnosis. 117 patients with chronic dyspeptic symptoms underwent invasive tests for H. Pylori (Rapid urease test and brush cytology) and stool antigen. patient classify as H. Pylori positive if he or she tested positive for both invasive tests. The sensitivity and specificity of the CTK Biotech® USA stool antigen when compared with invasive test were 67.24% and 96.61 respectively. We concluded that CTK Biotech® USA stool antigen lacks the sensitivity in diagnosis of H. Pylori, uses of new generations of stool antigen with high sensitivity is recommended for diagnosis of H. Pylori.
Keywords: H. Pylori; Rapid urease test; CTK Biotech® USA
Copyright © 2018 by The American Society for BioMedicine and BM-Publisher, Inc.
- Marshall BJ. History of the discovery of C. pylori. In: Campylobacter Pylori in Gastritis and Peptic Ulcer Disease, Blaser, MJ (Ed), Igaku- Shoin, New York 1989. p.7.
- Marshall BJ, Warren JR. Unidentified curved bacilli in the stomach of patients with gastritis and peptic ulceration. Lancet 1984;1:1311. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(84)91816-6
- Blaser MJ. Helicobacter pylori and gastric diseases. BMJ1998;316:1507-10.
- Chey WD, Wong BC. American College of Gastroenterology guideline on the management of Helicobacter pyloriinfection. Am.J. Gastroenterol 2007;102:1808-25. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1572-0241.2007.01393.x
- Savarino V, Vigneri S, Celle G. The 13C urea breath test in the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection. Gut 1999;5(Suppl. 1):I18-22. https://doi.org/10.1136/gut.45.2008.i18 PMid:10457031 PMCid:PMC1766662
- Gisbert JP, de la Morena F, Abraira V. Accuracy of monoclonal stool antigen test for the diagnosis of H. Pylori infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am. J. Gastroenterol 2006;101:1921-30. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1572-0241.2006.00528.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1572-0241.2006.00668.x PMid:16780557
- Gisbert JP, Pajares JM. Stool antigen test for the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection: a systematic review. Helicobacter 2004;9:347-68. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-4389.2004.00235.x PMid:15270750
- Forne M, Dominguez J, Fernandez-Banares F et al. Accuracy of an enzyme immunoassay for the detection ofHelicobacter pylori in stool specimens in the diagnosis of infection and posttreatment check-up. Am. J. Gastroenterol 2000;95:2200-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9270(00)01095-9
- J anrew, B Marsden, V S wong, M Klelsey, D Brown. comparison of three stool antigen tests for Helicobacter pylori detection: J clin Pathol 2003;56:769-771. https://doi.org/10.1136/jcp.56.10.769
- Wu DC1, Wu IC, Wang SW, Lu CY, Ke HLet al. Comparison of stool enzyme immunoassay and immunochromatographic method for detecting Helicobacter pylori antigens before and after eradication. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 2006;56(4):373-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diagmicrobio.2006.07.006 PMid:17157673
- Jongmin Choi; chung Hyeon Kim; Su Jin chung; et al. Prospective Evaluation of a New Stool Antigen Test for the detection of H. Pylori, in Comparison with Histology, rapid Urease Test, Urea Breathing Test, and serology. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2011;26(6):1053-1059.
- Monteiro L, Marie A, Christophe s, et al. Diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori Infection: Noninvasive Methods Compared to Invasive Methods and Evaluation of two New Tests. The American Journal of Gastroenterology 2001;96:353-358.
For any technique error please contact us and will be response to sending purchase article by email.
Who Can Become a Reviewer?
Any expert in the article's research field can become a reviewer with American Journal of BioMedicine. Editors might ask you to look at a specific aspect of an article.
Thank you for visiting American Journal of BioMedicine. * = Required fields
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
American Journal of BioMedicine Volume 6, Issue 3, pages 108-114
Received December 03, 2017; accepted March 07, 2018; published March 22, 2018
How to cite this article
aeed BA, Halawee S, Talib AA. Evaluation of monoclonal chromatographic immunoassay antigen stool test in the diagnosis of Helicobacter Pylori. American Journal of BioMedicine 2018;6(3):108-114.
Case report outline
Author Services Portal
Submit Your Paper
Supports Open Access
Track Your Article