Interleukin-32 (IL-32) is discovered as proinflammatory cytokine by inducing IL-1β, IL-6, IL-8, and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α. However, there are unclear data regarding IL-32β associated with worsening of myocardial injury after cardiac ischemia and reperfusion (I/R). In this study, we investigate the prognostic value of IL-32β in inflammatory response after myocardial injury. Anesthetized mice subjected to the myocardial ischemia for 30 min and 2 hours reperfusion. Expression and Regulation of IL-32β were measured by RNA Isolation and Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction, inflammatory response in blood and myocardial tissue, were assayed accordingly by ELISA and Western blotting, while Echo for cardiac elements measurement. The I/R group had a significantly higher expression level of IL-32β (0.643±0.012, vs. sham group 0.121±0.013; P<0.05) and associated with worsen myocardial injury, and low cardiac function. In-conclusion, IL-32β might be a new marker associated with adverse event after myocardial injury and may contribute with cardiac remodeling.
Keywords: IL-32β; Polymerase Chain Reaction; Ischemia and Reperfusion
Copyright © 2018 by The American Society for BioMedicine and BM-Publisher, Inc.
- Fuster V, Kelly BB, Eds. Promoting cardiovascular health in the developing world. A Critical Challenge to Achieve Global Health Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Preventing the Global Epidemic of Cardiovascular Disease: Meeting the Challenges in Developing Countries 2010.
Kim SH, Han SY, Azam T, Yoon DY, Dinarello CA. Interleukin-32: a cytokine and inducer of TNFalpha. Immunity 2005;22(1):131-42.
- Netea MG, Azam T, Lewis EC, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis induces interleukin-32 production through a caspase- 1/IL-18/interferon-gamma-dependent mechanism. PLoS Med 2006;3(8):e277.
Shu S, Li CM, You YL, Qian XL, Zhou S, Ling CQ. Electroacupuncture ameliorates cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury by regulation of autophagy and apoptosis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2016;2016:7297425.
- Kumar A, Haery C, Parrillo JE. Myocardial dysfunction in septic shock. Crit Care Clin. 2000, 16: 251-287.
- Mjösberg JM. Human IL-25- and IL-33-responsive type 2 innate lymphoid cells are defined by expression of CRTH2 and CD161. Nat Immunol 2011;12(11):1055-1062.
- Ohne Y. IL-1 is a critical regulator of group 2 innate lymphoid cell function and plasticity. Nat Immunol 2016;17(6):646-655.
- AL Habooby N, Yousif NG, Hadi N, Al-Baghdadi JJ, Vitamin D Attenuates Myocardial Injury by Reduces ERK Phosphorylation Induced by I/R in Mice Model, Current Chemical Genomics and Translational Medicine 2018;12:27-38).
- Zepp JA, Nold-Petry CA, Dinarello CA, Nold MF. Protection from RNA and DNA viruses by IL-32. The Journal of Immunology 2011;186(7):4110-4118.
- Kim SH, Han SY, Azam T, Yoon DY, Dinarello CA. Interleukin-32: a cytokine and inducer of TNFalpha. Immunity. 2005;22(1):131-142.
- Yousif NG, Al-Amran FG, Hadi N, Lee J, Adrienne J. Expression of IL-32 modulates NF-κB and p38 MAP kinase pathways in human esophageal cancer. Cytokine 2013; 61(1): 223-7.
- Durum R, Memon JF, Mackall TN, et al. Critical role of farnesyltransferase inhibitor in protective myocardial function after endotoxemia in rat model. AmeriJ BioMedi 2015; 2(7): 827-39.
Grupper R, Edward R, Walter C, et al. Critical role of microRNAs after global myocardial ischemia and reperfusuion. AmeriJBioMedi 2015; 3(7): 451-67.
- Yousif NG. Fibronectin promotes migration and invasion of ovarian cancer cells through upregulation of FAK–PI3K/Akt pathway. Cell biol intern 2013; 38(1): 85-91.
- Gysembergh A, Simkhovich BZ, Kloner RA, Przyklenk K. p38 MAPK activity is not increased early during sustained coronary artery occlusion in preconditioned versus control rabbit heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol 2001; 33(4): 681-90.
- Austin E, Yousif NG, Ao L, et al. Ghrelin reduces myocardial injury following global ischemia and reperfusion via suppression of myocardial inflammatory response. Ameri J BioMed 2013; 1(2): 38-48.
Yousif NG, Hadi N, Al-Amran F, Zigam Q. Cardioprotective effects of irbesartan in polymicrobial sepsis Herz 2017.
- Björklund ÅK, et al. The heterogeneity of human CD127(+) innate lymphoid cells revealed by single-cell RNA sequencing. Nat Immunol 2016;17(4):451-460.
- Netea MG, Azam T, Ferwerda G. et al. IL-32 synergizes with nucleotide oligomerization domain (NOD) 1 and NOD2 ligands for IL-1β and IL-6 production through a caspase 1-dependent mechanism. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2005;102(45):16309-16314.
- Yousif NG, Hadi NR, Hassan AM. Indocyanine green-001 (ICG-001) attenuates wnt/β-catenin-induces myocardial injury following sepsis. J Pharmacol Pharmacother 2017; 8(1): 14-20.
- Mun SH, Kim JW, Nah SS, et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced interleukin-32 is positively regulated via the Syk/protein kinase Cdelta/JNK pathway in rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60(3):678–685.
- Karolchik D, et al. The UCSC Genome Browser database: 2014 update. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42(Database issue):D764-D770.
- Kapoor M, Martel-Pelletier J, Lajeunesse D, Pelletier JP, Fahmi H. Role of proinflammatory cytokines in the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis. Nat Rev Rheumatol 2011;7(1):33-42.
- Yousif NG, Al-Amran FG. Novel Toll-like receptor-4 deficiency attenuates trastuzumab (Herceptin) induced cardiac injury in mice. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 2011;11:62.
- Nah DY, Rhee MY. The inflammatory response and cardiac repair after myocardial infarction. Korean Circ J 2009;39(10): 393-8.
- Vilahur G, Badimon L. Ischemia/reperfusion activates myocardial innate immune response: the key role of the toll-like receptor. Front Physiol 2014;5:496.
- Ferrara JL, Levine JE, Reddy P, Holler E. Graft-versus-host disease (Review). Lancet. 2009;373(9674):1550-1561.
- Hong J, Bae S, Kang Y, et al. Suppressing IL-32 in monocytes impairs the induction of the proinflammatory cytokines TNFalpha and IL-1beta. Cytokine 2010;49(2):171-176.
- Netea MG, Azam T, Lewis EC, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis induces interleukin-32 production through a caspase- 1/IL-18/interferon-gamma-dependent mechanism. PLoS Med/Public Library of Science 2006;3(8):e277.
- Netea MG, Azam T, Ferwerda G, et al. IL-32 synergizes with nucleotide oligomerization domain (NOD) 1 and NOD2 ligands for IL-1beta and IL-6 production through a caspase 1-dependent mechanism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2005;102(45):16309-16314.
- Nishida A, Andoh A, Shioya M, Kim-Mitsuyama S, Takayanagi A, Fujiyama Y. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling mediates interleukin-32alpha induction in human pancreatic peracinar myofibroblasts. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 2008;294(3):G831-838.
- Zhang C. The role of inflammatory cytokines in endothelial dysfunction. Basic Res Cardiol 2008;103(5):398-406.
- Yousif NG, Mohammad BI, Al-Dahhan MH, Hadi H, Al-khalidy S. N-acetylcysteine attenuated sepsis-induced cardiac depression: down-regulation of MMP-2 pathway in mice.
Rasool ST, Tang H, Wu J, et al. Increased level of IL-32 during human immunodeficiency virus infection suppresses HIV replication. Immunology Letters 2008;117(2):161-167.
- Li W, Sun W, Liu L, et al. IL-32. A host proinflammatory factor against influenza viral replication is upregulated by aberrant epigenetic modifications during influenza A virus infection. The Journal of Immunology 2010;185(9):5056-5065.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE
1. Access this article through OpenAthens
3. Purchase this article at rate $55.00 and received Full-Text/PDF
You will have online immediate access to article following the completion of this purchase and you may download and print a copy of each article for your personal use. Use the coding below to purchase your article as PDF by credit card, debit card, will be asked to supply your billing card information. Before continue with your purchase please read carefully the BM-Publisher terms and conditions of purchase.
For any technique error please contact us and will be response to sending purchase article by email.
Who Can Become a Reviewer?
Any expert in the article's research field can become a reviewer with American Journal of Biomedicine. Editors might ask you to look at a specific aspect of an article,...
Thank you for visiting American Journal of BioMedicine. * = Required fields
American Journal of BioMedicine Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 57-69
Received October 30, 2018; accepted January 12, 2019; published February 04, 2019
How to cite this article
Jonathan A. Serody, Kerry R. Russell, Rui Chen, Mark B. Ferrara. Over expression of IL-32β- exaggerated myocardial injury after ischemia and reperfusion in mice model. American Journal of BioMedicine 2019;7(2):57-69.
Case report outline