The proinflammatory cytokines may mediate myocardial dysfunction associated with myocardial injury and inflammatory response is an important process during the pathogenesis of myocardial I/R injury. IL-27, this cytokine is mainly produced by cells of myeloid origin such as monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, and microglial cells, in response to stimuli acting through Toll-like receptors. The objective of present study is to assess whether IL-27 can improve ventricular function after myocardial ischemia by down-regulation of inflammatory response. The results demonstrated that the IL-27 markedly attenuated Left Ventricular Function (LVF) in mice model, and reduced plasma level of cTn-I as marker of cardiac injury. Moreover, the IL-27 was associated with up-regulation in both chemokine and cytokines expression following I/R, through down-regulation of activation of JAK/STAT pathway.
Keywords: IL-27; proinflammatory cytokines; myocardial I/R injury
Copyright © 2019 by The American Society for BioMedicine and BM-Publisher, Inc.
- Miller KD, Siegel RL, Lin CC, et al. Cancer treatment and survivorship statistics, 2016. CA Cancer J Clin. 2016;66(4):271-289. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21349
- Ryan AJ, Susil B, Jobling TW, et al. Endometrial cancer. Cell Tissue Res 2005;322:53-61.
- Creasman, W. T. et al. Carcinoma of the corpus uteri. FIGO 26th Annual Report on the Results of Treatment in Gynecological Cancer. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95(Suppl 1), S105-143.
- Lu, L, Shen, Y, Tseng, K‐F, Liu, W, Duan, H, Meng, W. Silencing of UCA1, a poor prognostic factor, inhibited the migration of endometrial cancer cell. Cancer Biomark. 2016; 17( 2): 171‐ 177.
- Liu H, Shi J, Anandan V, Wang HL, et al. Reevaluation and identification of the best immunohistochemical panel (pVHL, maspin, S100P, IMP3) for ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2012;136:601-9.
- Arumugam T, Simeone DM, Schmidt AM, Logsdon CD. S100P stimulates cell proliferation and survival via receptor for activated glycation end products (RAGE) J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5059-5065.
- Eritja N, Yeramian A, Chen BJ, Llobet-Navas D, Ortega E, Colas E, Abal M, Dolcet X, Reventos J, Matias-Guiu X. Endometrial carcinoma: specific targeted pathways. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;943:149-207.
- Lin F, Shi J, Liu H, et al. Diagnostic utility of S100P and von Hippel-Lindau gene product (pVHL) in pancreatic adenocarcinoma-with implication of their roles in early tumorigenesis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:78-91.
- Dowen SE, Crnogorac-Jurcevic T, Gangeswaran R, et al. Expression of S100P and its novel binding partner S100PBPR in early pancreatic cancer. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:81-92.
- Koyuncuoglu, M. et al. Tumor budding and E-Cadherin expression in endometrial carcinoma: are they prognostic factors in endometrial cancer? Gynecol Oncol 125, 208-213.
- Zhao, Y, Yang, Y, Trovik, J, et al. A novel Wnt regulatory axis in endometrioid endometrial cancer. Can Res. 2014; 74( 18): 5103‐ 5117.
- Yousif NG. Fibronectin promotes migration and invasion of ovarian cancer cells through up‐regulation of FAK-PI 3 K/A kt pathway. Cell biology international 2014;38:85-91.
- Kumar D, Gokhale P, Broustas C, Chakravarty D, Ahmad I, Kasid U. Expression of SCC-S2, an antiapoptotic molecule, correlates with enhanced proliferation and tumorigenicity of MDA-MB 435 cells. Oncogene. 2004;23(2):612-616.
- Rauh-Hain, J. A. & Del Carmen, M. G. Treatment for advanced and recurrent endometrial carcinoma: combined modalities. Oncologist 15, 852-861.
- Yousif NG, Al-Amran F, Hadi N, Lee J, Adrienne J. Expression of IL-32 modulates NF-κB and p38 MAP kinase pathways in human esophageal cancer. Cytokine 2013;61:223-227.
- Filipek A, Jastrzebska B, Nowotny M, Kuznicki J. CacyBP/SIP, a calcyclin and Siah-1-interacting protein, binds EF-hand proteins of the S100 family. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28848-28852.
- Singh, M. et al. ZEB1 expression in type I vs type II endometrial cancers: a marker of aggressive disease. Mod Pathol 21, 912-923. https://doi.org/10.1038/modpathol.2008.82
- Gotzmann J, Mikula M, Eger A, et al. Molecular aspects of epithelial cell plasticity: implications for local tumor invasion and metastasis. Mutat Res 2004;566:9-20.
- Wang DG, Yousif NG, Sadiq AM, et al. Critical role of SEMA5A expression in invasion and metastasis of ovarian cancer cell. American Journal of BioMedicine 2014;2(3):292-305.
- Cirisano FD, Jr, Robboy SJ, Dodge RK, et al. Epidemiologic and surgicopathologic findings of papillary serous and clear cell endometrial cancers when compared to endometrioid carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 1999;74:385-94.
- Price FV, Amin RM, Sumkin J. Complete clinical responses to neoadjuvant chemotherapy for uterine serous carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 1999;73:140-4. doi: 10.1006/gyno.1998.5303.
- de Boer SM, Powell ME, Mileshkin L, et al. on behalf of the portec Study Group. Adjuvant chemoradiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone for women with high-risk endometrial cancer (portec-3): final results of an international, open-label, multicentre, randomised, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2018;19:295-309.
- Usach I, Blansit K, Chen LM, et al. Survival differences in women with serous tubal, ovarian, peritoneal, and uterine carcinomas. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015;212:188.e1-6.
- Yousif NG, Sadiq AM, Yousif MG, Al-Mudhafar RH, Al-Baghdadi JJ, Hadi NR. Notch1 ligand signaling pathway activated in cervical cancer: poor prognosis with high-level JAG1/Notch1. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2015;292:899-904. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00404-015-3694-1
- Batista TP, Cavalcanti CL, Tejo AA, Bezerra AL. Accuracy of preoperative endometrial sampling diagnosis for predicting the final pathology grading in uterine endometrioid carcinoma. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2016;42:1367-71.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE
1. Access this article through OpenAthens
3. Purchase this article at rate $25.00 and received Full-Text/PDF
You will have online immediate access to article following the completion of this purchase and you may download and print a copy of each article for your personal use. Use the coding below to purchase your article as PDF by credit card, debit card, will be asked to supply your billing card information. Before continue with your purchase please read carefully the BM-Publisher terms and conditions of purchase.
For any technique error please contact us and will be response to sending purchase article by email.
Who Can Become a Reviewer?
Any expert in the article's research field can become a reviewer with American Journal of Biomedicine. Editors might ask you to look at a specific aspect of an article,...
Thank you for visiting American Journal of BioMedicine. * = Required fields
American Journal of BioMedicine Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 104-117
Received October 30, 2018; accepted January 21, 2019; published February 25, 2019
How to cite this article
Mai HN, Lee YS, Chang EH, Lee S. Interleukin-27 attenuates myocardial injury after ischemia-reperfusion through down-regulation of inflammatory response. American Journal of BioMedicine 2019;7(2):104-117.
Case report outline